Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Recipe of the day: Kueh Cara

This is one of my favorite kueh...it's a simple green kueh with melted sugar in the middle. To be honest I have yet to make it because I don't have the molds to make it. The mold is made of heavy metal (I am not sure what metal but it doesn't rust). I'm figuring out where I have to go to get the molds...maybe in some hidden away rustic shop.

Anyway, this is a recipe that I found which seem simple enough to make.



Kueh Cara

For batter

2 cups multipurpose flour
2 cups water
1 cup coconut milk (1/2 packet coconut powder)
1 egg
1 teasp salt
Grenn cloring/pandan juice

Mix all the igredients and filter to rid of lumps.

Pour the batter into the mold, some say pour the granulated sugar into the batter before putting it on the stove, while others say when the batter is 1/3 cooked then only placed the sugar...well, let's just do a trial and error and see which one we are comfortable with : )



Anyway that's one of my all-time favorite kueh.