Monday, October 20, 2008

...of nagging mothers


When I was a young girl I told myself that I would not be like my mother...you know with the nagging thing. But then here I am with my own brood and though I hate to say it I am not much different from my mum when it comes to nagging! Goodness what have become of me along the way...I must admit I am a monster when it comes to nagging, just ask my children!!! I horrify myself that I can be so beastly. And so this is my open letter of apology to my children for the years of nagging about things from the mundane to the critical.
Let me tell you children, when a mother nags it is not for the exhilarating pleasure of it. Neither is it for the throaty exercise of my lungs. I do tell you, don't I, what ought and ought not to be done first. Then I will tell you again and then one more time. But when you do not listen the patience runs thin - very thin - until it snaps. Then you have unfurl a beastly monster with a mouth that will mow anything in its path down.
So to my dear children please do not unleash anything that you cannot handle, I do get tired of nagging at the same things...just like a broken down record (or CD?)


No comments: