Friday, October 24, 2008

...first trip to Langkawi


Sunrise from the ferry to the island.


I have always loved the beauty of natural surroundings especially beaches, islands, sunrise and sunset. I have never been to the Isle of Langkawi until I took a trip with my students back in 2007...and fell in love with the serenity of the island. I guess the laid back lifestyle appealed to me (having always lived in the city).
I remembered looking at the sunrise from the ferry which was taking us to the island. I was mesmerized by the wonder of the Almighty.

At one of the ancient houses found at Makam Mahsuri site















From the ferry taking us back to the mainland
















That's me on the left with some students waiting for our turn to check into our hotel, The Eagle's Bay Hotel


















Say cheese!!! At makam Mahsuri.

























I

No comments: