Friday, October 31, 2008

...music of the windchimes



I love windchimes. A winchime has a natural sound that connects your heart to Nature, the environment or to the melody that only your heart hears. On quiet nights when the wind blows ever so lightly and your heart is missing that someone, its sound will pull at your heart strings as your mind wonders to moonlit beaches. And that will bring a twinkle in your eye.

I have 10 windchimes hanging at my tiny bedroom balcony. Each bought from all over the place, some visited by yours truly, some by my better half and one by my son. There are windchimes from Langkawi, Cameron Highlands, Kota Kinabalu, Bali, Perlis, Port Dickson and Malacca.....each is made of different types of material like ceramic, coconut shells, sea shells and wood. And the unique thing is each has a different sound.

Yes, when the wind blows gently on the windchimes, they will 'play their song', and I will just lay and listen to the melancholy sound it makes. But on stormy nights all the windchimes would be janggling about madly in the wind and the sound they make is intense yet it has a calming effect. I guess it's like a calm in the storm.

Yes I love my windchimes...



No comments: