Friday, November 7, 2008

...of simple things in life

When I was a young woman and naive in the ways of the world, all that I dream of was of luxuries and an easy life. I wanted big cars, big houses, ostentacious jewelery, dinners in luxury hotels...well, basically the life in the fast lane. As a young woman I thought when you have all that it means you would have accomplished a major part in your life.
But then I grew older and wiser... I have childeren... I went through a 'roller coaster' ride in my life... things happened that changed my perspective in life and I began to look at the reality of life in a different light. I began to find solace in the simpler things in life, especially in the beauty that the Al Mighty has lay out for us to enjoy. I began to love the joy of watching sunsets and sunrise with my better half, I enjoy spending time doing my gardening and watching my plants bloom. The sound of the windchimes is a beautiful sonate to my ears. The sound of the birds, the waves, the feel of the breeze are all never taken for granted...all these makes me glad that I am alive and well. We must all take time to enjoy such things lest we forget our purpose in this borrowed world...

2 comments:

Memorable trails... said...

i feel touched reading your blog..Yeah..i guess we cannot get everything that with aim for in life coz sometimes it comes with a very high price.So just make do with what given to us to the best of our ability.
Of course i ll try your chicken rice in a pot...Best of luck in your journey through this "borrowed" world..

AzmaMurni Aziz said...

kak shaaa.. mana menghilang.. rindu la nak baca celoteh akak..

* sori tulis BM sebab I cikgu BM.. :p